Chiropractic treatment corrects spinal and musculo-skeletal problems through manual manipulation. A chiropractor does not prescribe medication, but relies on a variety of manual therapies—including spinal manipulation, mobilisation, and adjunctive therapies—to improve function and provide pain relief.
Spinal manipulation can help with
• Joint pains, muscle spasms, cramps including hip and knee pain from osteoarthritis
• General, acute and chronic backache, back pain (not arising from injury or accident), including Lumbago
• Neck pain (as opposed to neck pain following injury e.g. whiplash)
• Headaches coming from the neck
• Frozen shoulder, shoulder or elbow pain, or tennis elbow arising from associated musculoskeletal conditions of the back and neck, but not isolated occurrences
• Migraine prevention, and
• Tension or inability to relax (through lifestyle advice rather than chiropractic care).
The clinic is fitted with digital X-ray equipment for spinal x-rays. X-rays can identify and/or rule out specific pathology and help guide appropriate treatment.
Our clinic provides digital gait screening for custom orthotics. This technique means we offer great fitting orthodics at a fraction of their traditional cost.